It seems that this "waiting for things" process is allowing me to get busier with other things in my life and forget about the BIG thing happening in January! I received my passport a few days ago, thank the Lord! I have been emailing the people with International Enrichment and have been told that they will begin the ticket printing process soon and that final plans for roommate assignments and various other plans are being finalized as well. I also received a huge binder from IE a few weeks ago which contains information about anything from "The ABC's of Traveling Abroad" to a list of assumptions and generalizations that Britons make of Americans!
Another interesting few pages that I enjoyed reading are from the "English-American Dictionary" page. A "tash" is a word that is short for "mustache," to "twig" is to take notice of something, like "I just twigged I have a lot of work to do." I now must ask a "query" instead of a question, cross a "zebra crossing" instead of the cross-walk, use a "bug catcher" in my hair instead of a comb, put my trash in a "bin," and go see my sister Karen in "Mitchigan!"
I'm sure I will take note of many other differences in the way we speak, but it will be a learning experience, and fun too!
Now I have to wait, patiently, until the day comes for my flight to depart. I'm trying to make a list of the things I will need to get before I go, including versatile clothing, some good tennis shoes, and a bunch of DVD movies! (I've been told that television programs over there are a bit more graphic than they are here...) Also, money is going to present an issue, but I know that God will provide the funds I need, in whatever way He feels is best. Please pray that all of this will fall into place in time and that I will get all the paperwork mailed in on time! I thank you for keeping up with my journey. I'll try to post again soon if there are any changes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like you're moving forward on your trip. I'm so happy for you that you have this opportunity. Good luck with raising the money to make it through without having to eat peanut butter sandwiches for the last month of your stay :)
Thanks for putting me on your blog list as your "lovely" cousin, I appreciate it. Haha
Post a Comment