Monday, February 25, 2008

Covent Garden and St. Paul's Cathedral

The rest of the week was pretty much uneventful, until the trip Laura and I took to Covent Garden on Saturday. We had stayed in, doing homework all weekend, and decided to get out! We went around lunch time and saw many street performers - anything from magicians to clowns to living statues to break dancers! Here's a few great shots of them...




We ate lunch there and shopped in the markets. The markets were mainly hand-made crafts like jewelry and clocks and art and paintings, and I even saw this one man that made things like bracelets and napkin rings from forks!


We walked after that to St. Paul's Cathedral and got our student discount to go in. It was near the end of the day, so we had to hurry! We went up all the way to the top of the dome first...so many steps! We figured out all together we walked nearly 1000 steps up and down!


The view from the top was gorgeous! We got to see lots of London. It's amazing to see how big it is from a higher perspective. It was also amazing to see so many cranes and construction machines for new buildings and repair of old ones! Here's a few shots of the view we saw, and then pictures of the beautiful artwork inside! My legs were so tired by the time I got back to the flat! Oh, yay. Back to more homework! I have two exams tomorrow! But lots of preparation is underway for the big trip to Italy on Thursday! Yikes - only three days away!

2 comments:

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

I would've seriously freaked when one of those guys moved! What's the story with your pic on facebook?

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you and LOVE YOU!