Monday, March 24, 2008

Random things I've seen that I forgot about!

Okay, this blog is going to be a little different. For those of you visual people, maybe you'll like it better than my normal "novel with pictures!" Here are pictures of a bunch of random things I was able to see that I've forgotten to blog about, or were too small to do a whole post on! There's a short description under each picture to make a little more sense of it. Post a comment if you like the "purely pictures" version of this blog better! (Not that I'll change TOO much - I like my stories, and I'll be able to use them for reference later!) But I want your comments anyway!
A funny sign in the tube - 45% WHAT?

Me standing on the line of the Prime Meridian in Greenwich - I was in two hemispheres at once!

Dining room table at ChristChurch College in Oxford! This is the dining hall that they based the look of the dining hall from the Harry Potter movies on! Also, there's two dressed up bunnies in one of the stained glass windows that are supposed to be for the white rabbit in Alice in Wonderland!

The outside of ChristChurch College in Oxford. A note about Oxford - it's really just a town made up of a bunch of different colleges. When you apply to Oxford, you apply to one specific college and are accepted to that one, even though there are several colleges in the system known as "Oxford." It was a great field trip there!

"The Eagle and Child" pub in Oxford - near this fireplace is where C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien met regularly until 1963 to discuss their most recent writings! C.S. Lewis wrote books such as "The Chronicles of Narnia" and "Mere Christianity," and Tolkien wrote "The Lord of the Rings" series.


The same day as the trip to Oxford, we went to Blenheim Palace nearby. It is where Winston Churchill lived, and now the Duke in succession to him lives there now! It was neat to see all the paintings and tapestries in the palace. Here's the pretty courtyard and the eagle friend I made!



The outside of Blenheim Palace.

Another outside shot of Blenheim - this was the pretty fountain scene!



A pretty flower in the "Secret Garden" at Blenheim. I loved all the flowers!

This was from an afternoon I spent in the Science Museum in London. That place is huge, as you can tell by the FIVE cars stacked nearly on top of each other in the back center of the picture! I love the airplane hanging from the ceiling, along with the steam engine train on the left!



Here's another cool picture - this was when I got closer to the wing of the museum dedicated to air travel. Carter, Hayden, and Wyatt would love this! The airplane was literally hanging upside down in the place! The next room I went into had over thirty planes from all eras - anything from jets to helicopters, to paper and wood wings a man wore to glide through the air!


That's all for now...make some comments! I'll post more soon about my AWESOME trip to Wales and Belgium!

5 comments:

Jeannine said...

I love all the pictures, but I also like the journal entries. :) I love to look at the castles and imagine living in them without running water or electricity. It must be so cool to see all of that history

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

You know me... I'm all about the pictures!

Kelly said...

hmmm . . . so even when it's "just pictures" you tend to get a little long-winded!! both are great -- I need to make the time to read all about your adventures in Italy. Maybe I'll just wait for the scrapbook I KNOW will be awesome!!

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

I clicked on your page to scroll down and tell you that you can create your own playlist for free if you click on the link that is on mine!
When I scrolled down.. Hayden said ... "wait, wait.. go up... Lundun!" At first I couldn't understand him, but then he said.. "Keia...Lundun!" TOO CUTE!

I find it funny that MS. Detail.. Kelly says you are long winded... LOVE YOU KELLY! :)

Anonymous said...

Keilah, I have been following your trip, it has been awesome. Thanks for taking all that time to document so much. It helps all of us who will never visit those places. God Bless, welcome home. Love Aunt Candy